My dad was able to help me put the baby bed together. Greg and I compromised and are using a old bed that an ex-coworker gave me. A few weeks ago, we painted the bed the color of her new furniture and it matches perfectly. Today, we put the bed together and moved the furniture into place. It is really starting to come together, all we need is baby bedding and curtains. I am very lucky to have parents who are so willing to help me with whatever I need. If Greg was to put the bed together, there would be three hours of cursing and a few temper tantrums by the time we were done. He is not the handiest man (love you babe!).
My parents have now left and I am trying to clean up and organize her room before Greg gets home and sees the mess I have made:) I have washed, folded and hung almost all of her clothes when I took a step back to see everything she has. "WOW" is the only word that I can think of to describe her dresser and closet. I stood there for a few minutes and just felt this overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love. I had NOTHING when we found out we were pregnant with a little girl. Sure, if this baby was a boy, his closet would be full of Tyler's hand-me-downs but, with your second baby, it is not typical to have a baby shower. I was careful to pick gender neutral car seats and strollers when pregnant with Tyler, but we had nothing for little Emily to wear. So where did all this pink come from and how did we get so much? Friends and family, but mainly through my big sister, Melanie. I can't thank my sister enough. She has single handily been responsible for Emily's entire wardrobe. Melanie has two little girls, Delilah and Olivia. As most of you know, Olivia has some pretty serious medical problems. The medical expenses Olivia has incurred in her 1 year of life is three times the amount I will have over my entire life time. Melanie could have taken all of her babies' clothes and brought it to a second hand store to sell it...but she didn't. She gave it to Emily. I'm not talking just an outfit here and there. She has given me EVERYTHING, from onesies to socks to jackets and ALL of her frocked (and expensive) dresses. For those of you who know Melanie, you know she dresses her girl's in some of the cutest clothes. None have stains and all could have been sold to a second hand store for some good money that could go to help her family's financial situation. In fact, every two weeks or so a bag of girl's clothing will show up in my front room. Thank you, Melanie! With a new job and adjusting budgets, you have no idea how much your generosity is helping us. LOVE YOU!
This past weekend I was able to get together with some of my high school friends to celebrate Emily's arrival. After four boys, this is the first girl that will be born to one of us. I know there will be some more to follow, but everyone was excited to finally shop for pink things. We went to brunch at the River House. The food was so delicious! It was a great morning with great friends. I am so thankful that they all took time out of their busy schedules to welcome Emily. Thank you again girls! It really meant a lot.
It is easy to say that Emily is one loved little girl. Here are some pictures of her closet. Thank you to everyone who has helped dress Emily! (I also want to add that there is tons more clothes folded and in her dresser - I couldn't take a picture of everything)
Socks, tights, hats and little under panties.
Shoes!
Pictures from the River House brunch with my friends.
Finally, a belly picture! Emily at 30 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment