Sunday, October 28, 2012

Note to Self...

We are at 34 weeks and 2 days.  I have mixed emotions about the upcoming weeks ahead.  I am super excited to meet Emily.  I can't wait to see if she will look like Tyler.  What color hair will she have?  How big will she be?  At the same time, part of me wants to keep her inside.  I LOVE my sleep. There is a very good chance that Emily will be the caboose in our family.  So, this could be the last few weeks that I feel a little one moving inside of me.  This pregnancy has just gone by too fast...

In the last couple of weeks, I have learned a couple things:

1.  When pregnant, never EVER stretch your legs out in the middle of the night.  In fact, I would avoid straightening them all together.  The charlie horse leg spasms are in full effect.  The other night, I had two in the both of my calves at the same time.  Talk about pain!  Many people say, "just flex your foot and you can stop the charlie horse from coming."  That used to work.  Now, when I flex my foot, I get a charlie horse in the front of my calf and in the arch of my foot?!?!  Really?!?!?  Who gets charlie horses in the front? 

2. Don't carve a pumpkin 2 weeks before Halloween and put it outside. We are rookies. We had a blast picking out a pumpkin. We carved it up and put it outside. The next day we have a our own little bug village munching on our pumpkin. Apparently, we did something wrong...  Thank you to my brother in law, Brett, who disposed of the pumpkin for us.

Side note (all of a sudden I love the smell of pumpkin. I actually wanted to take a bite out of the pumpkin itself. I usually hate pumpkin flavored things, but apparently Emily wants some pumpkin!)

Me and Emily at 34 weeks and 2 days.  This picture is deceiving.  I feel a lot bigger than I look here.
 
Pumpkin Patch Time!








No comments:

Post a Comment