Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh, the hormones!

Another two weeks have come and gone. It really feels like time is starting to pick up. However, another 26 weeks of this seems like forever! I guess I should stop wishing the time away and enjoy the quiet times and sleep while I can.

This past Wednesday my oldest nephew, Nathan, graduated from kindergarten. It seems like only yesterday he was born. I often tease him and tell him that he is really my baby. I think he will be 20 years old and I will still be trying to carry him like a baby. There were several occasions as a baby I tried to sneak him out of my sister's house in my purse:)

On Wednesday morning, I arrived to his little graduation ceremony. My sister told me that Nathan has a little "part" in the graduation where he got to talk in front of everyone. Nathan got up there and said his little part like a pro! My little baby is growing up. I was fine until they started handing out the certificates. Then, it just hit me and I could not control the tears. I was boo-hooing like a 10 year old girl! Just thinking of how much he has grown in the past five years really put me over the edge. It wasn't just a tear here or there. I was unconsolable and snot was going everywhere. I know I must have embarrassed the heck out of Melanie. After the slow, sad music stopped, I was able to pull myself together. You would think he was going away to college or something! If I acted this way with Nathan, I can only imagine the pride I will feel for my own child.

Here is Nathan doing his part of the graduation.
Here is a picture of me and Nathan at his graduation.

This was not an isolated incident, I can't listen to any sad country song or watch any commerials dealing with kids going to college. Lesson learned: Always have tissues on hand and ready!

Our one year wedding anniversary was also this weekend. This was the same day that my friend Lynsey got married. I cried a couple times that morning thinking about Greg and my wedding the year before. I was hoping I wouldn't embarrass myself and cry hysterically at her wedding. She looked absolutely beautiful and we had a great time! Thankfully, I was able to keep it together at the ceremony. Greg and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary this upcoming weekend! I hope the wedding cake is still good!

Here is a picture of Greg and I with the bump at Lynsey's wedding.

3 comments:

  1. yaaay! we love the bump! aka lemon at this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan's hair looked so sophisticated! :) Can't wait to find out if peanut is a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! yay updated blog :) you looked beautiful and I was so happy you were part of my big day! we had so much fun! nathan does look so grown up...I remember looking at newborn pics of him when we lived at sterling, time really does fly by. i think you should save or print this blog so when the baby is born and able to read it he/she will know what mommy went through during the pregnancy. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete