Sunday, June 13, 2010

Gas?

Well, the 16th week is finally here. At the end of this week, I will be 4 months pregnant and entering my 5th month. Since about the seventh week, the last 2 months really have gone by too quickly. I know I have said that before, but really December is only around the corner. Five months is nothing! This realization put some fire beneath our behinds this weekend.

According to some, it is bad luck to set up the nursery before 25 weeks. This has been the rule of thumb when it comes to pregnancies in my family. While we are not setting up any furniture at this point, we needed to get rolling with the paint. I believe I mentioned this in another post, but Greg and I decided that we would not find out the sex of the baby before he or she was born. We thought it would be more exciting that way. So, we picked a neutral color for the nursery. The color is called apple green. I absolutely love it! Greg hates to paint, so getting this done is something we have been putting off. We still have the baseboards and crown molding to finish up.

Here are some pictures of the painting process. For those of you who are saying to yourselves, “Brittany, you should not be around paint!” I assure you it is okay. After all, the Lowe’s man said I could. Who wouldn’t take the opinion of a home improvement store employee? Surely he knows about painting and pregnancy. Haha, no worries, google also confirmed what he told me. Would I tell a pregnant patient of mine to paint? Hell no. But, as my mom always tells me, “Brittany you are not your own doctor”. So, I disregarded my own opinion.

While my belly is getting bigger, I have become a little impatient when it comes to feeling little Kyler. A lot of the baby websites say that around 16 to 18 weeks you will start to feel the baby move. So, I have been patiently lying in bed and waiting for any little movement. About 3 days ago I started feeling what I think is the baby. It is really hard to describe. It feels as though I have gas in my lower stomach, but no sensation of passing gas or having a bowel movement (TMI, I know). I have not completely convinced myself that this is the baby. In fact, this morning I would push on my lower stomach a couple times and wait. About 10 seconds later I would feel the bubbly sensation. I did it several times with the same result. It is amazing to think it could be the baby but again, until I feel a swift kick, I’m not convinced. Here are a few pictures of belly bug getting bigger!

I mentioned the name Kyler in the previous paragraph. No, the baby’s name is not going to be Kyler. The names we have chosen at this point are Tyler and Kylie. I’m pretty attached to these names, but I can’t promise that they won’t change as the months go by. Rather than calling the baby “it”, we have started to refer to the baby as Kyler. It just sounds better than Tylie.

Up to this point, we have remained pretty strong when it comes to keeping the sex a secret. In fact, we were even against getting a 3D ultrasound. Knowing the sex and seeing the baby’s face just doesn’t leave much up to the imagination. With all that info, the birthday will be filled with, “yup, there he or she is, just like we expected 2 months ago.” I want to be completely unaware with all those facts. However, I’m starting to get REALLY curious. It would be really cool to see what was in my stomach. Afterall, we haven’t seen anything in almost 8 weeks! Our anatomy scan is July 1st. Maybe that ultrasound will satisfy my curiosity.

Well , that is all of the news I have for now. Thanks for taking the time to read all my jibber jabber:)

3 comments:

  1. I love the color! I want to come see it :). I also want to know how Avenue Q was!!!! Rub the baby for me - I'll be in town tomorow night if you want some help doing anything.

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color! You know that not knowing if Im buying for a girl or boy will KILL me. But can't wait to go shopping for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol love the combo name kyler. good job on sticking to your original decision not to know the sex of the baby. ya'll look so cute painting the future nursery. miss you

    ReplyDelete