Sunday, May 23, 2010

Surely something will fit!

Another week has gone by. One week closer to meeting my little baby! It is obvious that it is growing!

As I think I have mentioned before, I am in one of my best friend's wedding on May 29. There is always lots of fun events leading to a wedding. Today was the her bridal luncheon. I thought that I would surely have a dress in my closet to wear. After all, I'm only 12 weeks. I have gained a few pounds, but not enough to not fit into my dresses.

Well, the luncheon was today at 11am. I decided to start trying on dresses last night at 7:30pm. I started going through my closet and pulling out the dresses. The first dress would not even zip past my waistline. Greg was playing personal assistant and aiding, as much as he could, in the zip-age. We then attempted the second dress. With this dress, it just became humorous. With each addition dress, we just started laughing hysterically at how these dresses were fitting. While some were zip-able, I was popping out in other areas. When Greg was actually successful in zipping a dress all the way up, he would look at me and say, as convincingly as he could, "oh, yeah, that dress looks great!". I would look down and my ta-ta's were about to make an entrance at any moment. This is definitely not a wearable dress. It came down to the last dress, which was definitely a no-go. The laughter quickly turned to tears. I knew this day was coming, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

I had nothing to wear the following day and the mall now closes in one hour. I got in my car and headed to the mall. I must have cried the entire time. People were probably looking at me like I was a crazy person. I first went to motherhood maternity. They had 3 dresses, none in my size. Then, on to the mall. None of the department stores carry maternity clothes except for JCPenny. The selection they have at JCPenny is smaller than my closet. What could make this experience worse? How about running into a classmate from elementary school with bloodshot eyes and hair looking like I had been through a hurricane? Put on the happy face, Brittany! I'm not sure how convincing I was when I had bloodshot eyes and could start crying again in any second. After my unsuccessful trip to the mall, I ended up at target. Thank goodness for target!! I found two dresses:) Crisis adverted! I guess it is time to start maternity clothes shopping!

Today ended up being a great day! The luncheon was awesome! I was so relieved that I didn't have to wear a dress that didn't fit! I also had a great time at Casey's graduation party today. What a fun weekend!

I also went to the Doctor this past Friday. She moved my appointment up a week due to a conflict in her schedule. The baby heart rate was 165 bpm. Everything is looking great! I have gained about 6 pounds since the beginning of this little "project".
My baby bump at 12 weeks and 3 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment