On Friday, we went back to the OB. We visited her for the first time about 2 weeks ago. She planned for us to return this past Friday to verify a due date. Apparently, the baby was a little smaller than planned at the last visit, making it difficult to measure and really get an accurate due date. We arrived at the OB right on time. All the same emotions come back. Even though we knew that there was a baby in my belly, who had a heartbeat 2 weeks prior, it did not make this visit much easier. In fact, I think I was even more nervous this time. I was still afraid that something bad could have happened since the last visit. This is mostly due to the way I was feeling, or should I say how I wasn't feeling. Many women have told me, "The sicker you are, the healthier your baby will be." According to many, the degree of morning sickness you experience is proportional to your hormone levels; and the higher the hormone levels, the better the chance your baby will stick. Apart from the few days surrounding our Florida trip, I had been feeling great. No more nausea, gagging, headaches...nothing! I didn't even really feel pregnant. Needless to say, this worried me. What if my hormone levels were not adequate? I really shouldn't google as much as I do, but one gets curious.
We were brought back to the ultrasound room once again. This time, Dr. Perici took FOREVER to come in. Greg tried to take my mind off of the baby, literally talking to me about every poster in the room. At one point, he even pretended to be the Doctor performing the ultrasound and saying things that he thinks a Doctor would say. You should hear his imitation of the baby's heartbeat! It is hysterical to hear him pretend to do the ultrasound, mostly because during the actual ultrasound, he has no idea of what he is looking at. Dr. Perici finally came in and started our ultrasound. Right away, our little peanut was on the screen. First thing I looked for was the heartbeat, and man was it there!! 165 BPM - the most satisfying thing I could hear. It was hard to hold in the tears. I just wanted to giggle like a little girl! Dr. Perici did all the measurements. Our little belly bug had a HUGE growth spurt. First off, it actually looked like a baby. You can see a head, body and little arm and leg buds. It was now measuring appropriately to my last menstrual cycle. So, the due date has been moved again to December 2, 2010. Only a couple more weeks until the first trimester is over.
When I was talking to Dr. Perici, she had asked how I was feeling. I originally told her how I was concerned I wasn't having morning sickness. She reassured me that the amount of morning sickness has nothing to do with the health of the baby. Yet, she could not promise that I was out of the woods when it came to experiencing more of it. Well, I just cursed myself. Up to today, I had been doing relatively well. This morning was the usual, woke up at 7:30. My amazing husband got up and fixed me fruit loops in bed, and then I went back to sleep. Woke up at 11ish, ate two pickles and got ready to get my morning coffee from CC's. I was doing ok, until we were in the drive thru when it hit me and I told Greg, "These pickles are coming up". In the past, he thought my gagging was a bit dramatic. But, he had to be a believer today. I left the two pickles in the drive thru of CC's. Poor people in the car behind us, had to wait until I was done to pull up. I guess I was too quick to assume I was out of the morning sickness woods. Hopefully, this was an isolated incident.
Here are the ultrasound pictures of the baby at 9 weeks.
Well that is all the news we have. Thanks for taking the time to read. Here is my 9 week belly photo:)
you look purdy in your pic! :)
ReplyDelete