Monday, May 17, 2010

Say hello to my little friend!

Yes, it has become obvious that there is a little one on the way. The bump has decided to show itself! This is exciting, right? The bump is here and you can, well at least I think so, tell I'm pregnant. Well, this is not so much fun for the one that is preggo. I just feel like a chunky monkey. In normal clothing, it appears that I need to lay off the donuts. If fact, a girl at work told me I was looking "thick". Note to anyone who might call a pregnant girl "thick", probably NOT the best choice of words. Whenever this happens, I call my momma and she puts me in check. In fact, as soon as she answers the phone or sees the text, it is almost an automatic response, "Your pregnant! Don't worry about all that!" Ah...I love my momma! I don't know what I would do without her.

Well, this week I will hit the big 12 weeks! Our baby is no longer an embryo, it is a fetus! Our peanut will graduate to the second trimester. The time has flown by! Greg and I joke about having a graduation for our fetus. We are so proud already!

About a week ago, I brought the fetal doppler home from work. I find fetal heart tones all the time at work. How hard could this be? I promised myself I would not get upset if I could not find the heartbeat. Well...that promise was broken. Twenty minutes later with a belly FULL of jelly, there was no heart beat. I did find the ever so loud thumping of my abdominal aorta. I was bummed; but I put the doppler away for another day.

That other day was today! I closed myself in my office and tried again. It didn't take long until a little heartbeat was found thumping away. It also didn't take long for all the women in the office to find their way to me. The next thing I knew I had 5 women around me with, "ooo's and ah's". My baby is already popular!

My friend Lynsey also had her bachelorette party this weekend. Me and the peanut went and enjoyed ourselves. I was probably the only sober person on bourbon. But, it was a great time with my favorite friends.

Random funny story: Earlier in the week a couple of deputies that work at the jail asked me about my plans for the weekend. I mentioned the bachelorette party. They gave me weird looks and said, "Your not going to drink are you?" My response: "Well, yeah! It is a bachelorette party. Of course I'm going to drink!" They replied, "Brittany, your pregnant, you can't drink". With a very straight face I said, "Well, I'm just about 12 weeks, all the vital organs have formed. In fact, I even started taking my vicodins again." At that point, they started lecturing. I casually said, "yeah yeah" and walked out the room. I better watch out; they may stage an intervention. People are very gullible:)

Well, that is about all I have for now. My next appointment with the OB is next Friday, May 28th. I will update with more then.

12 week belly pictures to come:)

1 comment: