Monday, April 19, 2010

It's a blob!

Our doctor's appointment has come and gone; and I couldn't have asked for things to go better! Greg and I went and saw Dr. Perici on Friday afternoon, before leaving for Florida. We got to her office and Melanie met us in the waiting room. She knew we were nervous and offered some calming words... I love my sister:) Melanie went back to work and we were brought back to a room. After getting all the necessary vital signs and what not, we were brought to the ultrasound room. We were left there for what felt like an eternity but was probably only a few minutes. While waiting, so many emotions run through your head..."What if there is nothing there?" "What if there is no heart beat?" "Will it be the right size?" "Will the doctor just get in here already?!" Waiting in anticipation, Greg and I said a prayer that we would see a healthy little peanut, with a strong heartbeat, trusting that God is working through us to create this miracle. Dr Perici then came in and started the ultrasound. Immediately this little blob of whiteness was on the screen. It measured 6 weeks and 2 days, with an estimated due date of December 8th. The doctor was even able to find the heart beating at a healthy 120 beats per minute. It was so amazing to see that ity-bity fluttering of the heart. It is crazy how early the heart starts to beat! I wish I could have seen Greg's face as he was watching the ultrasound. At the end, he was smiling from ear to ear! We will be going back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Everything looked as good as it possibly could at this point, but my doctor would like to make sure everything is progressing as it should. We should be able to see much more at that time! Here are some pictures of our blob:)



After the Doctor's appointment we headed to Florida. Since Greg works his behind off during tax season, he had planned a little getaway for us. As we headed to Pensacola, the ride was filled with talk of the future. We were so excited everything went well at the doctors. We talked about names and nursery colors. We pretty much solidified the decision to keep the sex of the baby a secret. We think it will be much more exciting to find out the sex when the baby is born. Besides, it is one of the few true surprises in life...I think it will be fun. Back to Florida...We had a good time, but, unfortunately, I could not enjoy it as much as I would have liked. Whoever coined the term "morning sickness" was wrong. It should be called, "morning, afternoon, evening and in the middle of the night sickness", or "all the freaking time sickness". I feel bad if I don't eat, but I feel bad when I do eat. I randomly gag all the time, and nothing looks appetitizing to eat. I also slept through the majority of the vacation. I slept about 12 hours each night with a 3 hour nap each day. Poor Greg, he wanted to go out and sight-see. But, the only sight-seeing I wanted to do was from my bed to the TV. I truly hope that in the second trimester I can be the glowing person who loves being pregnant.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I am looking forward to updating you all as we continue this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment