Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Good bye first trimester!

So, we are officially out of the first trimester.  Hands down, it is the worse part of pregnancy.  Had I written this post 4 weeks earlier, it would have been 3 pages long about how miserable I was and how I don't know why or how anyone ever does this more than once, haha.  As I stated before, this pregnancy is much different than my first.  I remember feeling pretty miserable in the first trimester, but this baby has me vomiting about every other morning.  With the passing of the first trimester, the nausea has improved.  But then again I did find myself hovered over the toilet again this morning.  I am convinced it can only get better from this point on.  I won't gripe too much about the negatives, after all, we kind of signed up for this.  I am going to try to focus on the amazing little person that will be coming later this year.

I have been to the doctor twice now.  The first time they did a ultrasound and we could see the little peanut - heartbeat and all.  That moment was surreal.  I was still in the mindset that this wasn't really happening.  Now there is no doubt a baby is in the oven but thank goodness there is only one baby coming:)

This past Monday I went to the doctor for the second time.  While my belly seems to be poking out much faster this time (at least I think so), I only gained one pound! (as I sit here and enjoy cupcakes that my sweet husband went and got for me).  I sure feel as though it looks like more than one pound.

Poor Tyler is still in denial.  Every time we ask him if he is going to be a big brother he shakes his head no vigorously.  I sense some jealously already.

That's all the news I have to share at this time.  Greg and I are working on some big changes in the Booth household that I would like to share, but we don't quite have all the details yet.

Here is my 10 week belly photo.  Like I said, my belly is poking much faster this time.  I wasn't this big this with Tyler until 20 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You can thank tyler for the stretched stomach muscles.

    ReplyDelete