Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our News

I have blogged a lot less with this pregnancy, not because I don’t want to blog, but a lot has been going on in the Booth household. Tyler is an active little person. I can’t take my eyes off of him for more than a few seconds. This pushes my blogging until after Tyler goes to bed. By that time, I am so tired and I just want to climb into bed myself.
Reading back my previous posts, I realized that I never divulged how we told our families that I was pregnant for the second time. Greg and I are HORRIBLE at keeping secrets. This is such fun and exciting news, so we had to tell our families right away. We were busting at the seams.

We told Greg’s family first. Greg’s sister and fiancé were hosting a BBQ. It was the perfect chance to tell everyone at one time. I went to Babies’R’Us and got Tyler a “Big Bro” shirt. When everyone had gone outside, Greg and I changed him into his shirt and let Tyler walk outside to the rest of the family. It only took a couple seconds for the family to understand. I can still remember his mom saying, “WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!?!” Haha.

When it came time to tell my family, I just couldn’t wait for the whole family to be together. One morning when my parents came to watch Tyler for the day, I just blurted out, “I’m pregnant!” My dad says he knew the whole time. What can I say? They are still my parents and have that power to know what is going on before I come clean and tell them. Easter Sunday is the day I told my two sisters. We went to IHOP for Easter breakfast. I’m not sure why, but I was very nervous to tell them. Of course, they were very happy also. This will make 10 grandbabies on the Deck side! AHH!

On my previous blog, I mentioned that the Booth family was going through some big changes. I will be making a job change in the next few months. This has been in the works for the past month or more. I know your thinking, “Your 4 months pregnant, why switch jobs right now?” Well, the honest answer is that I wouldn’t. I don’t have a choice. A few months back my company made the business decision to move toward all physician care. They did this company wide and it happens to affect me and my job. So, while I will miss the relationships that I have made here, I have gotten the chance to move into the area that I always wanted to work…the emergency room. I have learned and seen a TON at Correct Health, but this new job will allow me to be more elastic in my work schedule. I will be able to work as much or as little as I want. I will be home more with Tyler and the new baby, while still adding good income to our family. I was originally VERY upset over this situation. I had everything I needed for maternity leave planned out and this changed everything. Also, you can imagine that it is tough to find a job you would like, get the job, and then give the news that you will be out soon after to have a baby. It all worked out and I am seeing God’s bigger plan. I always talked about working in the ER, but I was comfortable in my current job. I would not have made the switch without this kick in the butt. I will have a month off before the new job starts. This will be the perfect time to spend with Tyler before baby number two takes all my energy. So, I can honestly say that I am thankful for the stressful events that have taken place over the past couple months. Not only did it take my mind off the horrid first trimester, but it is going to lead me and my family into a better place.

Now for the belly pictures!  Here is peanut at 15 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment