So, we are pregnant again. This was an utter surprise. At first, I was scared and little upset. However, with time to think about the situation, I am happy it happened this way. Greg and I always wanted another baby. The timing wasn't exactly right, but then again when is timing ever good? In fact, I don't think I would have ever been ready to "try" again. The lack of sleep and the newborn stage is still rather vivid in my memory. Tyler sleeps 11 to 13 hours a night and it is glorious. We have really adjusted to being a family of three. Our marriage has never been stronger and, in general, we are content and happy the way things are. And trust me, after a newborn, your marriage takes a backseat.
So, how did this happen? Well, we decided to roll the dice...and we won? haha. My entire life has been planned (and was going very well according to plan, so far) and God is letting us know that we are not always in the driver's seat.
I first found out that I could be pregnant at work. My period was due any day. I was having every symptom that my period would be here at any minute. In fact, I don't even know what prompted me to take a pregnancy test. I wasn't "late" and we were definitely not trying to have a baby; in fact, we were preventing. But, I took a test regardless. The faintest little line showed up and my heart dropped. So, I took another test. Again, another faint line. I convinced my friend from work, Cindi, to take a pregnancy test so that I could compare. Her test was obviously negative. My test was still if-y. On my lunch break, I jumped into the car and went to Walgreen's to buy a digital test. I got back to work and took it. The test read NEGATIVE. I was able to take a big sigh of relief. I knew that I was likely over reacting. I went through my day, picked up Tyler and went home. As I was getting dinner ready for Tyler, I saw the box of pregnancy tests and thought, "I'll just take one more test, afterall, there are four in the box. Why not?" I took the test and placed it on the counter while it analyzed. When I returned to look at the test I saw, PREGNANT. My heart dropped...as did I. As I sat in the corner of the kitchen in a pool of pity, the tears started coming. I didn't want this! I'm NOT ready! After a few minutes, I stopped myself and started to pray. I thanked God for allowing me to get pregnant again and choosing to bless us with another baby. It was time to put my big girl panties on! A baby is coming ready or not!
Greg was still at work and had no clue about my dramatic day. It was March 29th and Greg was working until 7pm doing whatever it is that CPA's do. I wanted to tell him in a creative way. I knew he would be shocked. Tyler and I walked down the street to the grocery store and bought some hamburger buns. When we got home I put a bun in the oven and wait impatiently for Greg to come home. I was a bundle of nerves. When Greg got home, he saw the oven light on and walked straight to it. I had the video camera in hand and ready to record his reaction. I won't spoil the rest, you can watch below. Enjoy!
Sorry for the shakiness, I was a bundle of nerves!
thats AWESOME.. so happy for you three..four
ReplyDeleteSo cute, I love the way you surprised him. I can remember how y'all were so in love at summer camp! Now y'all are on baby number 2. Miss you guys. Congratulations to the three of you on your new bundle of joy.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletesorry about the post above, i was signed in under brad...obviously im not a blogger.
ReplyDeletethat was hysterical, i just lol. i am so happy for you both, greg was so sweet in this video...tyler is like what the hell is going on people? haha you're very creative britt