Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excited, nervous, happy and terrified at the same time!

If your reading this you have probably figured out that I'm pregnant! The initial shock has worn off, and Greg and I are very excited! If you know me, then you know I have a memory the size of a mosquito. So, I figure blogging about this pregnancy would be a great way to remember all the experiences that we go through during the next 7 and a half months.
Greg and I were shocked at how easy it was to get pregnant. I thought it would take at least 6 months. But, God has other plans for us:) I found out I was pregnant at work on March 26, 2010. Greg will tell you that I have a bit of a "peeing on a stick addiction". I have access to free pregnancy tests at work, and would take one frequently. On this particular day, I did the usual and took a test. The line was SO faint, and appeared after the "don't read after 10 minutes" time frame. However, I had never gotten a faint line before. When I left work, I went and bought a digital test. Greg was home by the time I got home and knew everything that had happened that day at work. I would frequently get his opinion of the interpretation of the lines on the tests. I would often see "lines" on the pregnancy tests in months prior that I was wishing were there. He was always to the one to say, "Brittany, there is nothing there!". Anyways, back to the digital test. I got home, took the test and waited for a minute. I wouldn't let Greg watch with me, so he was sitting on the bed, being patient, thinking I was being OCD over testing again. Then, bam...."pregnant". I stood there just staring at it for about 30 seconds, then threw it to Greg ever so calmly and said, "your gonna be a dad". He looked at the test, then looked at me with this huge smile. Lots of hugs and tears followed.

There is one of the SEVERAL tests I took:) It is a tad blurryThe next day, reality hit.... our lives are going to change forever. What the heck did we do? Are we really ready for this? What were we thinking getting pregnant? Greg made a budget for the next 9 months that day. He is so cute, already turning into papa bear. After a couple days, the nerves went away and the excitement began....this is really going to happen! We couldn't wait to tell our families that weekend. Both our parents were VERY excited! I love sharing the news with people and seeing their reactions!! Both of our parents gave our little "yolk sac" an Easter basket full of goodies! I can't wait to use everything!
We will be waiting to tell friends until June if possible. Keeping a secret like this is hard, but we are trying our best!

According to my dates, I am currently 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I should be due around December 2, 2010. That means our baby is no longer a "yolk sac". It has officially graduated to an "embryo". My first Doctor's appointment is Friday. So, I will find out a definite due date at that time and I'm hoping to get an ultrasound too. I still don't feel like this is real! I have been feeling great. There are the occasional waves of nausea, random gagging, headaches and feeling bloated. But, that is to be expected. I feel extremely blessed that I have not been sick 24/7 like many women I have talked to.

Here is a picture of me at 4 weeks, a day or two after we found out. I hope to add more belly pictures as my little belly bug grows:)

No comments:

Post a Comment