Our productive weekend started on Friday. Greg and I went to Babies-R-Us. Greg has some very specific requirements for a stroller. Why the stroller? Who knows, I just went along with it. I think he saw a pimped out Jeep stroller once and was awe struck ever since. It was quite entertaining. Greg had every three wheeled stroller off the shelf in order to fully compare the differences. Then, you have to do the appropriate test drive with each to make sure it has good handling. The aisle was filled with strollers. Good thing Babies-R-Us is not a popular Friday night hang out. The aisle was a wreck! He picked out the best handling, pimped out stroller he could find, complete with speakers to connect to your ipod. This thing is huge! You could probably kill a small animal if you roll over it with this stroller. Next step, how do you get the car seat out of stroller? Apparently, it takes two master degrees to figure this out. After about 5 minutes of struggling, we figured it out. But, it took us turning the stroller upside down. Poor Tyler, his parents are completely clueless!
On Saturday I returned to Babies-R-Us with Melanie. Since Greg was only interested in the stroller, I figured it would be best to take someone with experience. Thank goodness I did! Apparently, I am completely naive with all this baby stuff. The registry employee started going through the store, department by department, explaining where I could find everything. I almost starting crying half way through her speech. I had to catch myself. It is SO overwhelming!!! I guess I never really thought about everything that Tyler needs. Mel and I started by the bottles. She told me to scan a certain kind. I scanned one and was ready to move on. Melanie turns, looks at me, then takes the scanner out of my hands. She just started scanning away. Now, I am registered for PLENTY of bottles! Haha, it was really nice to have Melanie there. She helped me with the essentials and helped me avoid the things that you never actually use.
The rest of the weekend Greg and I worked on Tyler's room. We neglected his room when we first moved here because we knew it would not be long before we would be trying to get pregnant. I didn't want to set up the room as an office just to change it 6 months later. We finally got around to hanging the crown molding, baseboards, and closet doors today. It is almost complete!
We also bought Tyler's bedroom furniture a couple weeks ago. Greg put it together earlier this week. I wish I could show everyone pictures of Tyler's room as it is now, but Greg wants me to wait until I can take "done" pictures before I post. All it is missing is bedding and curtains! Here are pictures of Greg putting together Tyler's furniture:)
I thought that this needed to be documented. Greg is reading the directions. He never reads the directions. He would rather put it together and throw away any extra parts.
So proud of his work! (Note to new parents - Put the crib together in the baby's room. This will prevent having to take it apart and putting it back together again. We are now pro's on how to take apart and reconstruct Tyler's bed)
We are so proud of ourselves. We worked very hard to get Tyler's furniture together, with all the sweat to prove it too!
In the background of the previous picture, you can see some paintings. Greg and I decided on a zoo/jungle theme for Tyler's room. I asked my sister, Melissa, to paint some pictures of animals that are also on his bedding. They came out better then I ever imagined. My sister is truly talented. I am very blessed to have such wonderful and caring sisters. Tyler is one lucky little guy. His aunts are awesome! Here are some close ups.
Tummy time with Tyler! Here I am at 25 weeks and 2 days. Tyler should reach the two pound mark very soon!
My next ultrasound is scheduled for next Friday. I don't know if I will post again before that appointment. Please keep Tyler in your thoughts and prayers that everything will be completely normal. I will post as soon as I get some new information.
Everything looks great!!!
ReplyDeleteLove Melissa's artwork! Bravo to you ang Greg too. Sounds like there was a lot of ground covered in a very small amount of time.
ReplyDelete