Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Watch out world, here he comes!

As most of you already know, little Tyler is on his way!! Just typing that makes me smile ear to ear. We are SOOOO excited to welcome a little boy into our family! Like I said before, it becomes so real when you can put a name and a sex to the little monster moving inside my belly. I can't wait to meet him. Twenty more weeks just seems too long!

Greg is so happy about a little boy! The day we found out he wanted to get a baseball bat engraved with his name. I'm sure Tyler would love that. My response, "What is a newborn gonna do with an engraved baseball bat? Maybe we should start with nursery furniture and clothes before we throw him out on the baseball field?" He is just so excited with the idea of having a son!

We revealed the sex to the Booth family first. I wanted to do something creative and fun to reveal the sex without just saying, "It's a boy". So, I bought a tiny plastic blue pacifier and made cupcakes. I put the pacifier in one of the cupcakes. Whoever found the pacifier would reveal the sex of the baby. It was the same idea as a king cake, but the search was on for the pink or blue pacifier. They loved it and I was able to videotape the whole thing. Kellie got the lucky cupcake!

The next day we went up to Baton Rouge to share the news with my family. I did something a little different for them. Melanie did a similar cupcake idea when Nate was born (Yes, I stole her idea to a certain extent). My family is familiar with the medical side of things. We often talk about a hamburger versus a turtle when the baby is seen on an ultrasound. The girl anatomy resembles a hamburger and the boy a turtle. So, I bought about 10 chocolate turtles from Gambinos for dessert. (In case you don't know, chocolate turtles are little pecan type cookies with chocolate icing on top.) Before opening the Gambino box, my family went around the table taking guesses at the sex. Everyone said boy except for my dad. I opened the box. They were somewhat confused for a second. I think they were expecting something a little more obvious. After about 5 seconds they realized they were turtles...meaning a little boy was coming.

This past Friday I had my 20 week doctors appointment. Whohooo!! Half way there! I have been feeling great! A little ingestion and reflux here and there, but really nothing to complain about. The carpal tunnel and headaches have seem to subside for the time being. Back to the doctor appointment: Tyler decided to make a liar out of me. Dr. Perici asked me if I had started to feel the baby move. I do feel the baby move, about once every other day, but not too much and not on a regular basis. She put the doppler on my stomach. Right away we hear the swoosh, swoosh, swoosh! Music to my ears! Not two seconds later, Tyler did a mission impossible dive and roll (at least it felt like it). My stomach kinda morphed a little! Then, no more heartbeat. Dr. Perici moves the doppler to the other side. Again, we hear the swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. Tyler again decided to hall his little butt to the otherside of my uterus and the heartbeat was gone. Now, I had JUST finished telling the Doctor that I rarely feel him move and Tyler decides to do tricks for her! I have never felt him like I did that day. Who knew that all you had to do was use a doppler to get him excited...or maybe angry, who knows?. Either way, I loved feeling him jump around! It is the weirdest sensation...just like an alien moving inside of you. All the other times I feel movement, I attribute it to something else (gas, etc.). But there was no denying it that day. I hope I feel him more and more soon!

Tyler has definitely increased my appetite the last couple weeks. In fact, I have been known to turn into "a crazy pregnant beast", as Greg would call it, when I get hungry. Today, we decided to get some ice cream. I was hungry, as usual, and decided to go for the large cup of ice cream. I noticed that the 15 year old girl working at the snowball stand starting preparing a small cup, rather than the large I had asked for. On a normal, non-pregnant day, I would say, "Who cares, I'll just get the small". Oh no! Not today! I stopped her in the middle of whatever she was doing to start over. I was being ever so patient, while Greg just chomped down on his cup of delicious, creamy ice cream. After 5 minutes of who knows what she was doing, I finally got my ice cream. Mine didn't look nearly as good as Greg's. In fact it looked like a milk shake. It was melting at a super sonic speed. We live around the corner, so it shouldn't take long to get home and put in the freezer. Greg starts the car and takes a few more bites of his ice cream. At this point, my blood is slowly boiling inside. All I want is freaking ice cream! No more eating, get us home! The employee that served us happened to be walking across the parking lot. I subconsciously wanted to hit her for my melted ice cream! It was a good thing that I was not behind the wheel. Greg was scared, as he should have been! Was I being irrational? Yes, but I couldn't control the ice cream anger! Don't mess with a pregnant girl and her ice cream! I know you are all curious...we made it home and the ice cream was saved by the freezer:)

I will put up some more preggo pictures in a week or two.

Riddle answer: Boy of course.
1+1=2 which correlates to B in the alphabet
15 correlates with O
all fingers, toes, ears, eyes and nose is 25, which would be the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment