About 4 weeks ago, I finished my last day at Correct Health. Since, I have been playing housewife. It was fun in the beginning and I got a lot done. Here is a list of things that we (and by "we" I mean "I") have done in the last 4 weeks:
We moved Tyler from the Nursery to his new big boy room. This entailed changing his bed to a toddler bed, getting new bedding, painting murals on canvas for his walls and decorating his new "big boy" room. He loves his new room and gets so excited to show anyone that is willing to go see it. We still have a few last finishing touches - like putting in new closet doors and maybe putting in some shelves, but Tyler doesn't seem to mind. I will post some pictures eventually.
I finished the wood floors in two closets that we neglected to finish three years ago.
I organized those closets.
I ordered Emily's furniture.
I have stayed on top of cleaning, laundry and dishes (Yes, I even cancelled the maid for the month of August - so someone has to do it).
We took Tyler to Disney World for the first time and had a blast - pictures will be below.
We had the house re-appraised and re-fianced.
Hopefully, I can add completing Emily's room to this list before I go back to work.
About a week ago, Greg and I made the last minute decision to take Tyler to Disney World. Greg was chosen from his office to go to a leadership conference in Orlando. We had talked about going to Disney this year but the idea was placed on the back burner when I got pregnant and switched jobs. However, this opportunity was impossible to pass up - the airfare was cheap, the hotel was free and we didn't have to take time away from work. We went and spent two days - one in the Magic Kingdom and one in Hollywood Studios. We had a great time. We stayed for about 5 hours each day doing the toddler activities. With a almost two year old and a pregnant momma in the Florida heat, 5 hours was plenty enough time. We had a great time and Tyler loved all the parades.
While on the trip, I managed to get sick with a sinus infection that has really taken a toll on me. It has been two weeks and I am still battling the congestion, cough, ear pain and sleepiness. I literally sleep 10 hours a night and take a 2 hour nap with Tyler during the day. This cold just won't go away. Being pregnant and sick is miserable. If only I could take some cold medicine:( In the last week since we got back, I have been focused on trying to get better. I have been a lazy girl, sleeping a lot and enjoying day time TV:)
I want to hear about tyler's altercation with a 3 y/o in detail haha. Awesome pics. You've been so productive staying home! Miss you :(
ReplyDelete