Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm what?!?!

This past Friday I had my 36 week doctor's appointment. From this point on, I will be seeing Dr. Parise every week! This also comes with weekly internal checks to see how much progress my body is making.

I was very anxious about this appointment. Once I was in the exam room and ready to go, Dr. Parise came in and started chatting me up. She asked me if I had any problems. I told her that I had been having some contractions the past week or so. Nothing unbearable, but still noticeable. She said, "Ok, but nothing regular or patterned, right?". I told her the truth, "Well, yeah, like every 3 to 5 minutes for a couple hours." She then did her exam and her face lit up. She said, "Your 2.5 cm dilated and 80 percent effaced. And, your contracting right now." I was so excited! All these contractions are doing something! However, I was also concerned that 36 weeks was too early, but she reassured me that she didn't have any concerns. She said it could be a day or a couple weeks. Either way, I feel like Tyler's arrival is imminent!

It took only 15 minutes for the reality to hit. The excitement over my progress turned to, "holy crap! I'm not ready for Tyler!!!". His room is not ready, we don't have a car seat yet, and my mom is out of town for the next week and a half! I can't be having a baby yet!
Greg was shocked at my progress. It lit a fire underneath his bum. The next morning his dad came over and they finished some last minute projects around the house. I cleaned the majority of the house and packed our hospital bags. We finished some last minute errands and washed Tyler's clothes. I am feeling more prepared. Now, I am focusing on relaxing. I am going to try my best to keep him baking until Saturday when my mom gets home. But either way, she has taught us enough in Lamaze that we could get through it without her. It is just nice to have your mom there. So, I have cut back on my work load and laying around whenever possible. I just wish the contractions at night would stop so I can get some rest.

We finally finished Tyler's room. I only have a couple more pictures to hang and a shelf or two to put up. I love the finished project. Here are some pictures.Also, my maternity pictures are up. Here is the link to see a sneak peek of the pictures. I had so much fun doing them and love the finished project!

http://jenamato.com/blog/?p=6334

Thanks for reading, I will update after my next appointment on Friday!

1 comment: